Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Worst Food Contest


Ok, here is your assignment people.

This lovely treat could win all three categories
Go to your local grocery store and look for the most nasty-looking, disgusting-sounding product you can find.

Cuddos for finding bright colors, odd shapes, and crazy packaging. The longer the list of ingredients, the better. And of course bonus points for ingredients that are hard to pronounce or consist mainly of numbers and consonants.

Take a picture of it if you can, and tell us what’s in it!

Categories will include:
1. Most ridiculous and wasteful packaging
2. Most unnatural looking
3. Most likely to give you a heart attack and/or cancer


I will look myself and post the most awesomely horrible food I can find.
We'll regoup later and see what we find. Check in next month to see what we come up with.

Good luck all!
Now go!

7 comments:

  1. This isn't a comment about terrible "food" products since I'm currently in my kitchen making actual food with real scallions and whatnot, but I wanted to say that I think you guys have a good blog thing going here and I will be reading regularly and critiqui...I mean considering what you have to say. No pressure. Also, Raphael says hi. (He's at school, though, so he doesn't know it yet.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marshmallow peeps. ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guess what this is:
    ENriched unbleached and bleached flour(wheat flour,niacin,reduced iron, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin,folic acid), Cherries, sugar , corn syrup, water, palm oil,modified cornstarch, contains 2% or less of each of the following: salt, calcium carbonate, partially hydrogenated soybean oil, calcium sulfate, sodium alginate, sodium citrate,citric acid, leavening (sodium bicarbonate), agar, dicalcium phosphate, dextrose, locust bean gum,sodium hexametaphosphate, natural and artificial flavoring, artificial coloring, (FD&C #1, FD&C#40), Sorbic Acid and Potassium Sorbate (to retard spoilage).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh tricky Liz! Hmm, some kinda cherry-turnover something! A poptart?

    ReplyDelete
  5. so close . . .one of those cherry pie things. I know, the cherries were a give a way. I did take a pic of the pop tart box - the s'more kind. Not quite as bad as the cherry pie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, everyone where are all the disgusting food pictures - I can hardly wait!!

    ReplyDelete